Coach Tuohy was raised in Westfield, NJ and graduated from Westfield High School where he was Captain of both the football and lacrosse teams before attending Roanoke College and joining the United States Marine Corps. Coach Tuohy graduated from Roanoke College in 2006 and worked his way to Platoon Sergeant/Commander in the U.S. Marine Corps where he trained over 100 Marines. He completed multiple courses including combat engineer, marine combat training, recruit training and more. He served two tours between February 2003 and September 2004 in Operation Iraqi Freedom. Coach Tuohy has also been the Head Varsity Coach of the Westfield High School Lacrosse team since 2008 in addition to the Union Mudturtles Men’s Rugby Team since 2013. Coach Tuohy’s certifications include:
- Under Armour Combine 360 Certified Trainer October 2010 – Present
- TRX Course Certification October 2010
- RedCross First Aid & CPR Certified Current as of June 2012
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT) Certified June 2008 – Present
- National Commission of Certifying Agencies (NCCA) Accredited Certification (Trainer Cert.)
For more information on Coach Tuohy, please see www.coachtuohy.com.